October 25, 2017: Ratatouille


The first official vegetarian meal to kick off my regular Wednesday meals -- although not yet known as #plantwednesdays.

This is a Ratatouille with Eggplant and Zucchini and I based the recipe off of this: http://www.pbs.org/food/recipes/ratatouille/

I made some changes based on past experiences:

pre-salt eggplant and pat dry about 20 mins before cooking
- saute eggplant 10 mins and remove
- saute zucchini 3 mins and remove
- saute onion with the spices for about 10 mins then add bell peppers and cook a few mins
- add garlic and pinch of red pepper flakes
- reduced heat to medium and added the can of diced tomatoes and added a pint of golden tomatoes (not listed in recipe), a bay leaf, added back the eggplant & zucchini and cooked 15-20 mins as instructed in step 3 of the recipe.

I can't remember what bread I made from the Forkish book (Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast) and/or if I customized it a little.

Comments

Popular Posts