January 17, 2018: Vegan Lentil Soup and a Honey Wheat Brown Bread



My wife requested a lentil-based soup and I found a good one (although I didn't care for the kale I added).  Thanks to:   https://cookieandkate.com/2015/vegan-lentil-soup-recipe/

Another rare occasion of using a fairly quick bread to bake (keep in mind that the majority of my breads take about 16 hours -- so something that takes a few hours is "quick").  If you have ever been to the Cheesecake Factory and had their  brown baguettes then you know the motivation for this recipe.  I wanted to try it and found that someone had given it a go already (thanks!)  https://www.kitchentrials.com/2016/03/16/cheesecake-factorys-honey-wheat-brown-bread/

On all other occasions,  I've made the mini-baguettes but I was feeling a little lazy and wanted a bigger loaf.  I had intended to proof in a large oval basket and cook it free form but I decided the dough didn't have enough structure for a single loaf and I ended up cooking it in a loaf pan (maybe the first time I've used a loaf pan!).  It worked out well and was great for sandwiches for a few days.


Comments

Popular Posts