Grilled Rosemary Chicken & Kale Pesto



So it's not solely plant based... but it does have an ingredient I've never cooked with before -- Kale!

We got the idea for the sandwich from one of our favorite local pubs,  Lucky Fools,  who makes a delicious "smashed chicken" sandwich.  We didn't want to copy it completely - after all, why mess with perfection when we can just got there and have a pint of Guinness -- so we changed the seasonings slightly from the original.

I didn't smash the chicken breasts -- I simply filleted the chicken breast to get thin slices -- then grilled with seasoning (rosemary, salt & pepper).  We made a Kale "pesto" with fresh black kale, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, salt  & pepper.  Spread this on either side of a freshly baked ciabatta roll that I had made in the morning. Added arugula to the bottom, topped with chicken,  avocado slices, and then more arugula.

I would have added red onion but didn't have any.

Comments

Popular Posts