December 13, 2017: Quinoa Stuffed Peppers


 I do not recall missing a #plantwednesdays on December 6th but I cannot find any record of what I made (I've still got one more month of posts before I catch up with the current date).

My wife was shocked when I made this since it involved quinoa -- thanks to some commercial showing a guy tailgating and cooking quinoa burgers,  I've always referred to the taste as "dirty tree branches" but I thought I'd give it a go.

It wasn't bad but it isn't my thing. I probably won't make it again -- no need to shock my wife twice (even if she really likes quinoa).  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/223211/quinoa-stuffed-peppers/

The bread was really good though -- one of the rare times I made a quick (non-Forkish-based recipe).  This one sort of ripped off from Paul Hollywood's "Bloomer".   Added some egg wash and toasted sesame seeds.


Comments

Popular Posts