November 8, 2017: Vegatable Chili & Whole Wheat Bread



 The first official "#plantwednesdays",   my brother-in-law gave me crap for putting carrots in something called "chili" -- I guess I can't blame him and it makes more sense given that he grew up in Illinois, lived in Iowa & Wisconsin and -- even while living in Wisconsin, he rooted for the Bears which, as someone who moved to CA from Madison, WI seems sacrilegious... how can you possible live in Wisconsin and root for the Bears??

Granted -- this wasn't anywhere close to as good as my wife's "Bratwurst Chili" but it was decent enough.  It was from the same book I mentioned in my November 1 post -- and, if memory serves me (since I am recreating my first 3 months after the fact),  I think it was just a little too much chili powder.

And fresh bread -- this one a 50% whole wheat -- makes every meal way (WAY) better!!

Comments

Popular Posts