January 10, 2018: Vegan Hungarian Goulash



I mentioned in my "Background" post that my maternal grandmother made Hungarian influenced meals -- I've never tried making a goulash because I never thought I could do my grandma's cooking justice. I never got her recipe (she really didn't have recipes, she just cooked) and she's no longer with us to show me what she did.

But I was craving a goulash and I figured since I wasn't including meat then I wasn't trying to make something my grandma used to make.

It was very tasty, thanks to:  http://thevegan8.com/2017/02/24/vegan-hungarian-goulash/

And I did buy a quality Hungarian paprika.

I made Forkish's levain-based  "Field Blend #2"  with a twist -- I added about 100g of roasted (unsalted) seeds:  pumpkin, sunflower, flag & sesame).  The ratio was 2:2:1:1  --  33g of the first two, 16.6g of the last two.

Comments

Popular Posts