January 31, 2018: zucchini “noodles” with eggplant salad


I wasn’t too excited about cooking tonight’s dinner - not sure what made me want to try it in the first place. I generally don't like dishes where the "sauce" is olive-oil based.

The first challenge I had was finding Chinese Eggplant- definitely different than what I think of as Italian Eggplant and, apparently different than Japanese Eggplant. Finally found it at my 3rd stop - Sprouts.

Basically this is a warm salad of, the aforementioned Chinese Eggplant, with zucchini, yellow squash, cherry tomatoes and a sauce. The sauce is lemon, olive oil, honey, salt, pepper, roasted garlic, basil. And some fresh mozzarella to top it.

It turned out better than I expected and my wife really liked it.

I have to say though, I’m still hungry. I didn’t bake a bread this time.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/zucchini-noodles-with-eggplant-and-tomatoes


Comments

Popular Posts