Chickpea Curry with Curried Naan


February 7, 2018

This last week, I picked up Paul Hollywood's book "Bread" ( https://www.amazon.com/Paul-Hollywoods-Bread-Hollywood/dp/1408840693/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y) .

I primarily picked it up for the bread recipes and, especially, some of the sweet breads.  I was happy to see that he had a few recipes for veggie meals that would go with some of his breads.

This is the Chickpea Curry -- very simple to make. A lot of onion, garlic, ginger and various spices. I paired it with, as the book suggests, the Curried Naan.  Also very easy to make. The Naan recipe called for mango powder and ground pomegranate and I couldn't find either and left them out (he actually mentions not to sweat it if you can't find them).  I also couldn't find sultanas so I used equal amounts of raisins and dried cranberries -- I have no idea if this is a good substitution. That gave the naan a slightly sweet taste that may or may not have been gotten with sultanas (I'm not sure I've ever had one).


Comments

Popular Posts