White Owl Pizza


Another recipe from the Ken Forkish book "The Elements of Pizza".  This one is called the "White Owl".  I started with the "Saturday Dough" recipe (it takes about 6 hours or so from start to being able to use).  The toppings are a little bit of mozzarella & olive oil, a fair amount of grated celery root, and then slices of turnips.

I've never cooked with celery root before -- it provided an interesting taste and texture. And a little kick since it was mixed with some red pepper flakes.

Pizza texture came out great -- I would definitely recommend using a pizza steel over a pizza stone.  I bought the The Original Ultra Baking Steel (14"x16"x1/4"). Worth it.

And, if you are interested in making homemade pizza -- I highly recommend the Forkish book! (along with his "Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast", if you are interested in bread baking)

Comments

Popular Posts