50% whole wheat biga and vegetarian tortilla soup


 Although I haven't been posting for quite some time,  #plantwednesdays haven't stopped in our household.  In fact, vegetarian meals have spread out, popping up in several meals a week - maybe outnumbering meals with meat at this point. Which is probably another reason why I stopped posting -- the main motivation for writing these posts was to change my diet. With that success, I no longer needed to write about it to continue it. The second reason was to have a log of the meals I was making so I wouldn't forget -- I think I spent the latter part of 2018 just re-making what I had already made, so what was the point in adding that to a weekly log? :)

Anyway -- nothing special about this tortilla soup --  just thrown together with sauteed cubed potatoes (needed some substance in there in place of chicken); carrots, onions, garlic -- vegetable stock and zucchini, green chile, salt, pepper and chili powder. Good enough.

What made the meal was the bread!!  From Ken Forkish's book (Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast) -- I don't frequently look at the book anymore to find a bread to make (I generally know what I feel like) but I'm glad I looked back at the book on Tuesday -- not sure how I missed trying this one before. Very tasty, very light -- hard to believe it was a 50% whole wheat bread.  I did make this one with King Arthur's White Whole Wheat flour and, as usual, their all purpose white flour.

Comments

Popular Posts