Sprouted Wheat Pain de Mie ("Soft Bread")


#plantwednesday came a few days early this week.  I had been wanting to make this Sprouted Wheat Pain de Mie (meaning "Soft Bread") for some time.  I finally got around to buying some red wheat berries and found the necessary day and a half to sprout them, dry them out, and grind them.

I had pigged out on German food & beer the day before (a delicious cheese infused bratwurst and some chicken schnitzel, along with a good dunkelweizen & a dunkel -- OK, two dunkels) so I thought I'd change up a bit and keep the meal lighter.

A cucumber sandwich sounded good for this bread so I did that along with making a Roast Tomato & Fennel soup (from Paul Hollywood's "Bread" book which, besides bread recipes, has some dishes to go with different breads)



Comments

Popular Posts