Savoury Brioche Coronne ("Crown") -- Proscuitto & Mozerella


I deliberately used the British spelling of "savory" since this was a recipe from Paul Hollywood's "Bread" book.

I keep meaning to look up the difference between "dough" and "batter" as I always get a little bit worried when my bread "dough" seems more like a "batter" -- that was the case with this and, I guess, with brioche in general.  I am used to working with high-hydration (wet) dough but there is still a difference between a dough with a lot of water and a dough that contains milk & eggs and starts to seem like a super thick pancake batter rather than a loaf of bread.  Somehow, it all seems to turn out in the end though... and definitely easier working with a super soft dough (or super thick batter, depending on your perspective) straight on the granite counter top than trying to use a wood bread board with flour.

After making this dough, I dumped it on the granite and rolled it out into a rectangle. Then covered it with prosciutto, mozzarella, and basil


Then rolled it up along it's long edge


Sliced in half and then twisted back together like a rope


Formed into a crown and baked




Comments

Popular Posts