Crumpets


It may look like I skipped #plantwednesdays this week but I went out to dinner to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday.  We went to our local brewery to enjoy a pint and tacos. I planned on eating some good ol' carne asada tacos but, feeling a bit OCD about sticking to my plant based food on Wednesdays, I ended up getting two cauliflower and one sweet potato tacos.


They were very tasty -- really the only way I would know that they didn't have some form of meat was the texture. The cauliflower tacos were crunchier than meet and the sweet potato was not unlike very soft shredded pork.

Not having the chance to make a bread this week though, I decided to give Paul Hollywood's crumpet recipe a try -- I've never made crumpets before. The recipe says it takes a little bit of practice with consistency and griddle temp to get these right



Crumpet batter into the rings

After flipping


 Each side view


I'd say that, yeah, it'll take a little practice -- I put too much batter in each ring to start and I also think I didn't wait enough for the initial crumpet dough to "rise & fall".

The end product was pretty tasty though -- like very fluffy (what we would call) English muffin.  I kept one aside to split and toast later -- they did look like our ("American") English muffins inside.

Comments

Popular Posts