Zucchini stuffed with Ricotta & Gruyere-stuff crusty loaves


I originally intended this zucchini dish to be a side dish, then cooked it to be the main dish... only for it to become, in my opinion, the side dish to the bread.

I did really like the riccota, pecorino, tomato, egg & spice mixture that was stuffed into hollowed out zucchini and then topped with bread crumbs and more cheese.  But what stole the show was the bread.

The Gruyerè̀-stuff crusty loaves were easy to make and did not disappoint!  They reminded me of times I've gone to these bakeries in Japan where you pick up a tray and select all the different bread items -- stuffed with cheese, or bacon, or potatoes, etc...


Each one was about 6" across with the great taste of gruyerè and a slight hint of garlic (I minced some garlic into olive oil to brush on the dough before laying down the cheese and rolling it up). The center of the bread looked like a regular loaf of bread but it become more open to the outside.


I will definitely be making these again.  And I'm fairly certain I'll make the zucchini again -- just not with this bread... it deserves some attention of its own! 😀

Comments

Popular Posts