Morning Buns



I got a craving for some morning pastry after following "Dan the Baker" on Instagram (@danthebaker)  and seeing his "Raspberry Cream Jam Cruffins".   I have never had them (I hope to some day) and, unfortunately, I did not attempt to make anything close as of yet...

I had made some delicious cardamom brioche buns before and wrote about it in an older post but I wanted to try something different.  My intention was to find some croissant-based dough but I didn't get around to that so I settled on this recipe for a simple overnight dough from Bon Appetite, their "Best Morning Buns". 

I was asked by a friend if "Morning Buns" had anything to do with "bed head" and, well, I'll leave that for you to ponder.

The results were quite good -- and I am certain to make them again when I decide I want this type of bun the following morning.  Truthfully though, since I had my stomach set up something more "croissant-like", it left me a tad wanting.  It is unfair to compare this recipe to, say the brioche buns mentioned above (which takes another day and quite a bit more work with pounding in stick of butter and the traditional multiple turns of "folding/rotating/chilling"  but if you are looking for a pull-apart croissant-like dough, this isn't the one for you. This is more akin to a traditional cinnamon roll type of dough. 

Comments

Popular Posts