Kohlrabi (not) Soup with Spiced Chickpeas



I haven't been keeping this blog up much lately because, well, it served my purpose of changing my diet and giving me a reminder of what dishes I liked.  In my laziness, I realized that I had made a dish a few months ago that I really liked and now I do not remember it.... So, in that spirit, I am adding a soup that I made earlier this month --  it was supposed to be Kohlrabi soup and I got the recipe in "Soup of the Day" which has proven to be a great purchase (I highly recommend it).

As usual, I will not provide the recipe for something I got out of a book but you can't get simpler than this -- I couldn't find kohlrabi so, after looking up proper substitutes, I ended up buying two big heads of broccoli, cutting off the florets to use some other time and just using the stems.  Saute them with a 1/2 an onion, a couple carrots, a potato, salt & pepper. Add a few  cups of vegetable broth and cook everything until tender. Blend. And you end up with a soup that you would swear was made with cream.

The spiced chickpeas were simply roasted with a little olive oil and some cumin, chili power, & salt for seasoning. 

Delicious!!



Comments

Popular Posts