Broccoli & Leek Soup



Can't get much easier...  2 big full heads of broccoli (about 1.5lbs), 2 leeks (white and light green parts);  1 Qt of veggie broth, salt, pepper... that's it.

Finely chop the leeks and saute in a few tablespoons of olive oil for 5 minutes over medium heat;  cut the broccoli in 1" chunks (peel off some of the bottom of the stem, if you wish), add to the leeks and saute for about 5 minutes. Add the veggie broth, bring to boil and then simmer 15-20 minutes (until broccoli stems are soft).  Blend all until smooth.  Season with salt & pepper and you're done.

You may add, as I did here,  some croutons (I made garlic croutons),  chives, and a dollop of sour cream (my wife thinks the sour cream "makes it"... I'm indifferent :) )...

And, of course, what would a soup meal be without a fresh made bread?  Baked a nice wheat bread from freshly milled wheat berries...  if I haven't plugged it enough, I highly recommend "Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast" by Ken Forkish!!


Comments

Popular Posts