Vegetarian (vegan) 15 Bean Soup and Pain de Campagne



It has been a while since I have posted a new dish -- it isn't because I have given up on the veggie meals but just that I have been recycling most of the dishes I have already made.

But I found a new one -- and I highly recommend it -- 15 Bean Soup. The only change I made to the recipe was, instead of using 6 cups of water, I used 4 cups of veggie broth and 2 cups of water. Easy & delicious.

I had been out of sourdough started for a long time (after forgetting to feed my starter after too long a period of time) but finally got around to making some new starter a few weeks ago, in preparation for my "Rustic Limpa".  Now that I finally have some starter again, I made one of my favorites from Ken Forkish's book, "Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast",  Pain de Campagne -- which uses hybrid leavening,  some levain (sourdough starter) and a very small amount of yeast.

I forgot how much I loved this bread!  And it went perfectly with the soup.

Note:  The 15 bean soup recipes also appears, with different instructions, on geniuskitchen, so I do not know who should get the credit for it.

Comments

Popular Posts